Monday, February 8, 2010

Was Feeling Defeated

Well I was feeling defeated last night. You see we are trying hard to save money to adopt a sibling group or more than one child this year. We feel very strongly about this. We pray fervently to God for our family to adopt more children this year. My son has had a horrible cough due to some kind of respiratory virus that has aggravated his asthma. So he needed to go to the ER last night. I was barely down the road and the van overheated. So my husband and daughter came and got us last night. I called my parents and they came and got us to take us. My dh stayed home with our daughter. They ended up admitting our son and we are now here for our 2nd night. So besides having a van with mechanical issues now, we will also have a hospital bill.

So I expressed how defeated I was feeling to my best friend, Cathy. She shared this wonderful Scripture with me to encourage me and remind me of HIS truths. :)

1 Therefore, having been justified by faith, we have[a] peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom also we have access by faith into this grace in which we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God. 3 And not only that, but we also glory in tribulations, knowing that tribulation produces perseverance; 4 and perseverance, character; and character, hope. 5 Now hope does not disappoint, because the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us.
Romans 5: 1-5

So we will persevere through this. Our hope is always in Him. I'm peaceful tonight about the financial outlook. Still praying for our son's health. Also our daughter has come down with it too, but since she doesn't have asthma hopefully it won't be near as bad. Lifting our children up before the Lord this evening.

~Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment